Due to Covid-19 the following changes have been made to the event:
- Each race will have a 30-minute window for individual starts. Participants will be responsible to time themselves and upload their results to the website by October 15th.
- Aid stations will be minimally staffed, and participants will be responsible to carry and fill their own water bottles and pick up individually packaged snacks. We will have hand sanitizer at each station and jugs of ice water and electrolyte replacement drinks for you to fill your own container(s).
- First aid treatment will only be available at one station on the marathon and half marathon courses and only at the start/finish line on the 12K and 5K course.
- The marathon course will consist of 2 loops of the half marathon course this year. The half marathon course is new this year and traverses terrain on the west side of the ranch.
- Social elements such as our traditional post-race meal, family activities, on-site camping, and ranch tours will be eliminated this year. There are a number of terrific restaurant options in the Leakey area for a post-race meal.
- You will need to drive yourself or have someone drop you off and pick you up at a pre-arranged time, rather than have spectators congregate around the course.
Despite these limitations, we are happy to report that we will be able to offer a self serve Recovery Zone at the finish line with shade, chairs, ice, first aid, recovery drinks and snacks and will have photographers on hand to document the event.
Saturday, October 10th
7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Marathon - individual starts, self-timed
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM Half Marathon - individual starts, self-timed
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM 12K - individual starts, self-timed
9:00 AM - 9:30 AM 5K - individual starts, self-timed
4:00 PM Course closing time